2019 marked PESA’s fifth national conference, offering world-class learning and outstanding value for money.
Participants had the opportunity to learn, share and connect with experts and practitioners, teachers and school leaders, and parents and community members who share a commitment to an evidence-based approach to the wellbeing of students, staff and schools.
Click to view the PESA 2019 Conference Reflection Video
Join our inclusive, dedicated community and benefit from our spirit of collaboration and belonging
Learn about the latest research, theory, best practice and practical applications from local and international experts, educators and practitioners
Contribute to the growth of Positive Education across Australia, and gain a deeper understanding about the personal and academic growth that both children and adults experience when they understand and apply the principles of Positive Psychology.
Many of you will be familiar with the work of world-renowned academic & positive psychology pioneer, Professor Sonja Lyubomirsky, and we are thrilled that she agreed to join us to deliver a keynote, in addition to IPEN President, Sir Anthony Seldon, acclaimed Australian academics, Professor Lea Waters and Professor Lindsay Oades, and Beyond Blue CEO Georgie Harman, along with a multitude of outstanding expert presenters and thought leaders. For the full program of keynotes, masterclasses and workshops please click here.
Designed to inform delegates of current developments and the latest research in the field of Positive Education through expert local and international keynotes, masterclasses, panels and workshops, PESA conferences highlight best practice, and foster an environment where delegates may learn from each other through collaboration and sharing of ideas and experiences. Our programs are carefully planned to ensure a balance between theory and practical application, catering to those with little knowledge of the field, as well as those with more advanced knowledge. We are also committed to ensuring our conferences create an environment where our delegates can take some time to care for their own wellbeing, and connect with like-minded individuals.
It’s this ethos that ensures PESA conferences are truly unique experiences, which resonate with participants well after they conclude.
PRESENTER FOOTAGE & SLIDES
Regarding the use of video footage or photographs of presentations and/or presenters’ slides, please be aware that many of our presenters have built up their expertise and intellectual property over decades, and have very generously shared their knowledge and materials with us. Please respect our presenters’ intellectual property. Use of materials without correct attribution and authorisation is strictly prohibited. Please contact us if you require further clarification or wish to contact any presenter to seek authorisation.
Footage of a number of our keynote presentations is now available. Please click here.
The following slides are listed in presenter surname alphabetical order. Additional presenter slides will be added as they come to hand.
- Professor Nan Bahr – High Impact Teaching: Start with Relationships
- Pauline Carrigan – Community Led Wellbeing in the Upper Hunter
- David Engelhardt – Measurement Panel participant
- Michelle Etheve – An Introduction to Appreciative Inquiry
- Dr Suzy Green – Creating a Coaching Culture in Schools
- Anna Han – Positive Education in China
- Georgie Harman – BeYou: Growing a Mentally Healthy Generation
- Annabelle Knight – Self to System
- Professor Sonja Lyubomirsky – The How, What and Why of Happiness: The Science of Interventions Aimed at Increasing Wellbeing
- Professor Lindsay Oades – Wellbeing Literacy: A capability for students to thrive
- Anthony Raitman – Maroondah Plus 10 Schools Video and Community Led Positive Education: Home of Positive Education in Maroondah
- Sir Anthony Seldon – The Orange and Lemon of Happiness
- Inspire Presentations – Beginner Stream
- Inspire Presentations – Intermediate Stream
- Inspire Presentations – Advanced Stream