.2019 marks PESA’s fifth national conference, offering world-class learning and outstanding value for money.
Participants will have the opportunity to learn, share and connect with experts and practitioners, teachers and school leaders, and parents and community members who share a commitment to an evidence-based approach to the wellbeing of students, staff and schools.
Join our inclusive, dedicated community and benefit from our spirit of collaboration and belonging
Learn about the latest research, theory, best practice and practical applications from local and international experts, educators and practitioners
Contribute to the growth of Positive Education across Australia, and gain a deeper understanding about the personal and academic growth that both children and adults experience when they understand and apply the principles of Positive Psychology.
Many of you will be familiar with the work of world-renowned academic & positive psychology pioneer, Professor Sonja Lyubomirsky, and we are thrilled that she has agreed to join us to deliver a keynote.
Acclaimed Australian academics, Professor Lea Waters and Professor Lindsay Oades, will also be delivering keynotes, along with a multitude of outstanding expert presenters and thought leaders including:
- Professor Nan Bahr, Deputy Vice Chancellor (Students) and Dean of School of Education, Southern Cross University
- Kim Bence, Deputy Principal, Learning and Wellbeing, Ravenswood School for Girls
- Pauline Carrigan, Founder, Where There’s a Will
- David Engelhardt, Program Director, Business Intelligence, Government of South Australia
- Michelle Etheve, Teacher, Coach, Education Designer, Michelle McQuaid
- Tom Harkin, Thought Leader, People Development Expert, Tomorrow Architects
- Assoc Prof Peggy Kern, Centre for Positive Psychology, University of Melbourne Graduate School of Education
- Anthony Raitman, Area Executive Director, North Eastern Victoria, Regional Services Group, Department of Education and Training Victoria
- Justin Robinson, Director, Institute of Positive Education, Geelong Grammar School
- Matthew Scholes, Founder, Positive Sports Coaching
- Dr Addie Wootten, CEO, Smiling Mind
Additional presenters will be announced shortly.
Designed to inform delegates of current developments and the latest research in the field of Positive Education through expert local and international keynotes, masterclasses, panels and workshops, PESA conferences highlight best practice, and foster an environment where delegates may learn from each other through collaboration and sharing of ideas and experiences. Our programs are carefully planned to ensure a balance between theory and practical application, catering to those with little knowledge of the field, as well as those with more advanced knowledge. We are also committed to ensuring our conferences create an environment where our delegates can take some time to care for their own wellbeing, and connect with like-minded individuals.
It’s this ethos that ensures PESA conferences are truly unique experiences, which resonate with participants well after they conclude.
#PESA2019 will run 11-13 April at RACV Royal Pines, Gold Coast, Qld.
Have a great idea for a workshop or Inspire session presentation? Click herefor details and to submit your abstract. Submissions close 11 January 2019.